Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

Yes, the best laid plans of mice and men often go array.  It has always been my 'intention' since starting the blog to post to it several times a week.  Alas, that has not been the case.

There are several factors, not excuses, that have contributed to my absence.  The hot, hot weather this summer has kept me off my computer and out of my house, which is not air-conditioned, in a more climatically friendly environment....the mall, for example.

In July, I was also preparing for a big event that we were attending & vending at near the end of the month.  I thought of & executed a new display system for the pewter pendants.  They were getting lost in the little reclosable plastic bags I was using.  People could not fully appreciate the beauty & craftsmanship of them.  See the results below....


I designed the labels, cut out the cardboard hangers, strung them all on cotton cord, then put them all together as seen in the photo.  That took a lot of time and sapped what little energy I had available.  I typically fell into bed early each night with the fan blowing on me.  There wasn't much else I could do, the heat was killing me.

I was completely offline and out of touch for the last ten days of the month.  We were camping at Raven's Knoll, west of Eganville, ON at the Kaleidoscope Gathering.  KG is a non-denominational Pagan/New Age camping event that takes place once a year.  We had a great time, by the way.  It was hard coming back to the 'real' world.  I'm already making plans to attend next year.

Of course, chronic pain always stops me from doing some of the things I want to do and often a lot of things I 'have' to do.  I need to pick my battles some days.  Hopefully, the cooler weather will come soon and I can get back to 'normal'.....whatever that is.  *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment