Monday, April 23, 2012

One-of-a-Kind Custom Logo Piece

Kate Mantello's work first came to my attention on Facebook when a friend posted a photo of a a custom piece that she was working on.   The pendant has a wise old Haida Guide on the left with a raven soaring to his right.  A rainbow bridge connects them with shells and turquoise surrounding. 


Each piece she creates is beautifully handcrafted from specially selected crystals, shells, wood & feathers.  When choosing materials, she is drawn to the unique, making every piece a one-of-a-kind creation. 

She believes deeply in the healing powers of crystals and tries to incorporate as much organic material as possible for natural energy flow.  Each piece is infused with positive healing energy and made with only the best intentions.

I contacted Kate, who was mere days away from giving birth to her second child, about creating a special pendant for me.  I wanted an artistic rendition of my company (Jasper Moon) logo, something that would attract attention and be a conversation starter at events.

Jasper Moon Logo

Here is the fabulous pendant she created for me.  As you can see, it is a representation of my logo, but not identical.  I'm very happy to have such a beautiful piece of wearable art.  Kate's work is incredible, isn't it?


A moonstone is set into the faerie's top wing and a speckled jasper in the lower wing.  There are a couple of twinkly crystals at the top.  She applied a patina to the steel crescent, so as to more evenly blend the shiny metal with the aged look of the clay.  There is still a lot of silver that comes through but it will continue to tarnish over time to get that genuinely 'aged' effect.

You can contact Kate for custom orders or to enquire about her crystal workshops...

Facebook Page: Enchanted Shaman Magical Creations
Website: http://www.enchantedshaman.com/

3 comments:

  1. WOW...that's really piece Bonnie =)
    I'm thinking about to have it for my shop logo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LiliKrist...Kate does wonderful work. I highly recommend her if you want to have a custom logo piece created.

    ReplyDelete