Saturday, May 18, 2013

Focusing on Life - Week 20



This week let's change our perspective and look up! 

There is a whole world above us that we sometimes miss seeing because we simply forget to look up.

When I read that prompt, the first thing I did was LOOK UP. I was in my office at home in front of my computer. Oh my, what did I see? I saw a thick layer of dust on the top shelves. And is that a cobweb up in the corner? Time for some serious spring housecleaning, I think.

Later, while driving in my car, I heard about some other people who were looking up...to Mars. They are signing up in the thousands for the chance to go on a one way trip to the red planet to colonize it. People of all ages from around the world are clamoring to do this. Really? Honestly, I couldn't make this up.

Neither of those two initial thoughts on this prompt seemed appropriate for a photo this week. As I stood outside enjoying the warm breeze and sunshine, I looked up at the trees. The trees, which only a couple of weeks ago were bare, are now bursting with new leaves. I smiled. I love spring.




5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful shot! our sycamores aren't blooming yet, but soon, very soon...
    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring too! It is amazing how quickly we go from bare trees to full green. I am awed by it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great photo and I love the color slide at the bottom to match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blooms are such a welcome sight after winter!!

    ReplyDelete