Saturday, August 24, 2013

Focusing on Life - Week 34



"This week we are going to get creative with our photos! Dive into those editing programs and check out all those wonderful effects, actions, overlays and textures!"

I started out with a photo I'd taken this summer of a rose that was blooming in front of my house. The colour of the flower is very striking, and a bit surprising too, considering I thought this rose bush would yield yellow flowers!


I played around with several of the different effects I had available in my photo editing program (ThumbsPlus). I did not like a lot of the resulting images but the 'morphed painting' effect is quite interesting.


To check out the wonderful photos of the other participants, check out the links below.


7 comments:

  1. Now that is brilliant! It totally looks like a coloured pencil sketch! Such a strong image to start with, too - great photo!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful - I love the pencil sketch idea (so much so that it's the only one I liked for my picture too :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is really unique and so pretty - I love it. Your original photo is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'd told me you'd taken colored pencils and drawn it I would've believed you. Very interesting effect

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's neat... I'm not sure I have that option on any of my photo editing soft ware! The picture you started with is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, your rose is stunning! I love your edit. The pencil sketch/colored pencil effect is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's super cool. . .both the 'yellow rose' and the effects you did on your photo!

    ReplyDelete