Monday, March 10, 2014

My Bead Soup Arrived!

How exciting to come home to a package in my mailbox! I was especially looking forward to this one. It was my Bead Soup from my partner, Janet.

I see that she is determined to challenge me. She made a point to select colours that I don't normally use, including some beads that are Radiant Orchid, Pantone's colour of the year.


She made the copper pendant, as well as, the enameled beads and clasp. I really want to learn how to do that some day. I just love the look of the enameled elements.

Included in my package was three colours of sari silk made by a women's co-operative in Inda and some lime green nylon cord for stringing.

I will have to put on my creative thinking cap and come up with a design worthy of this wonderful Bead Soup. I wish that I could have taken a decent photo tonight. After several attempts, the above shot is the best of the bunch.

5 comments:

  1. That's some gorgeous bead soup. I know whatever you create will be beautiful.
    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the colors in your soup. And that silk...just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the colors of green with purple. Delicious bead soup you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous beads! I know not your style but still very pretty. Hopefully you have fun with the creative process!

    ReplyDelete