Saturday, May 31, 2014

Focus on Life: Week 22


Week 22: In Bloom
Spring has really sprung now!
This week we are focusing on
what is in bloom!

Camera issues have plagued me this week and are still ongoing. I may have to get that new camera sooner than I wanted to. However, I do have a couple of photos of the Trilliums in bloom in the forest. These were captured on our recent camping weekend.


The White Trillium is the provincial flower of Ontario (where I live). It is not illegal to pick them, however, if the leaves as well as the flower are picked, the plant could die as it no longer has any means to produce the energy it needs to take it through the winter into another spring. Picking the flowers at any time is highly discouraged. Over-picking almost wiped the species out many years ago.

Close-up
To see what is In Bloom where the other participants live, check out the links below...


No comments:

Post a Comment