Wednesday, October 1, 2014

More Artist Trading Cards

September was a really busy month! We had vending events every single weekend, so basically I was working 7 days per week. There wasn't much time for anything else.

I did, however, still find time to create a few ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) and participate in a some swaps. I thought that I would share a selection of them with you.


For this card, the challenge was to include a happy face in the design. I used ribbon and trim to embellish it, along with some punched out flowers and letters to form the words 'BE HAPPY',. I didn't have a specific plan when I started but it seemed to develop quite nicely and I was pleased with the end result.


You had to incorporate a clock in the design for this card. I printed the clocks onto white paper, then paint washed them to get the different colours and cut them out. The butterfly was stamped onto the background first. I coated the entire card with matte Mod Podge to give it a textured look.


A rubber stamp had to be used on this card. I'd picked up this cat stamp for some Halloween ATCs I was making for another swap and it worked perfectly with this design. 


But I ended up finding a cat rubber stamp that I liked better for my Halloween ATCs. I'm sure that I will used both cats stamps again for other purposes though. They will not be a one usage only purchase.

I've received some fabulous ATCs in return. I'm amazed and quite humbled by the artistic talents of some people. I'm still learning and hope to develop new techniques from them to use for future ATCs.

Best of all, I'm having a lot of fun creating these small works of art to share with others. Fun is important. *smile*

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I have always admired ATCs but have no talent in that direction like you.

    ReplyDelete